I have an older Bobcat 325 mini excavator. It is very basic, no electronics or computer. My problem is sometimes the boom will not raise. If I push the joy stick all the way forward and then pull back quick it will sometimes work. Its only happens sometimes, usually when the bucket is full of dirt. How do I determine if its a joystick problem or spool valve? Also, my blade slowly drops after lifting, bad load hold check valve? Any help would be appreciated!
You could switch the hoses on the joystick to see if it's the stick ore the valve. The blade could also be the slide that have bad seals ore dirt in it.
Thanks for your reply! That is a good idea, I need to try that. As for the blade, are you talking about the seals in the ram?
No in the slide, in the hydraulic valve that controls the oil flow to the ram. It can also be an internal leak in the ram.
Ok thanks, When I get time to work on it and figure it out, I will report back with my findings.
Good day That is a strange problem suggest you check that the cylinder jacket has not swollen. Kind regards Uffex