I ordered and received and installed my second atemp at a replacement MAG-63 drive. This is what finaldrivemotors.com sent me that assured me it would be correct. *When the travel levers are pulled-pushed it will travel in an arch. *When going up hill it will need pulled up by the boom, that side doesn't have enough power. *When raising the machine by the blade and boom both tracks visually travel the same speed only when in hi range. The unit functions but seems to be stuck in hi range. Even with the 1/4" 2speed signal line disconnected pluged/capped to that side it will work in low gear for about 3-6 seconds of travel after first started, then revert to hi range. I assumed low gear was the default. Included is a picture if how plumbed it. And one of the two identical valves on the top and bottom of 2speed box. Am I plumbed right and how do these 2speed units work? What am I missing?
In the 3rd pic you haven't shown where the the hoses for the brake and 2 speed connect. I assume they go the the bunged holes beside the B port.
Sorry my editing was clear as mud. I drew (red) arrows to where I attached them. Really... beside B port...? Maybe that's the deal. The original was a MAG-63vp-770 63= displacement V=2speed P=international park brake 770= output in KGF-m It was a 4line unit A,pressure B,pressure Case return 2spd
One of those 2 ports is the brake the other is the 2 speed. I have the very similar drives on a forestry mulcher. The other side should be plumbed the same but with A port and B port opposite so the motors drive in the same direction. The break requires pressure to release. The 2 speed should have zero pressure for low and pressure for high. It's been a couple of years since I had them out so i can't quite remember which of the 2 small ports is what.
Well the other side is a Eaton mag-63 motor, and that's the problem. Its plumbed differently. Do you know what motor yours is?
Mine are both Nabtesco/HiDash and look to be the same as this one you are having problems with. When the sun comes up I'll get some pic's for you.
Tones, no pics needed. You were right. 2spd was the small plug between A&B. Couldnt find the correct fitting so i drilled a hole in the center of the plug and welded in a fitting for testing and she functions just fine. Thanks for your support Tones!
To easy. Iv'e had a bugger of a job downloading the pic's