Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 325 oil coming out of dipstick

UpNorth Mini Excavating ยท 2019-08-02 19:36

Hi, I have a bobcat 325G and just recently I noticed that oil has started coming out of the dipstick. I have been looking for a breather valve and only found a part on the valve cover with a spring and seal. Talked the the dealer and they stated it could be a cracked head, push rods, or a cracked block. Anyone on here have something like this happen on there machine? Any help would be great. Thank you.

Replies8
  1. #1uffex2019-08-03 05:32

    Good day Making a compression test would be a great start maybe observing the dip stick when the engine is loaded may also reveal some information.Checking a Kubota engine manual did not reveal any useful tips. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2thepumpguysc2019-08-03 08:08

    Is it JUST oil.?? Its not over filled w/ fuel in the oil is it.?? Check the actual level before starting the machine..

  3. #3UpNorth Mini Excavating2019-08-04 05:03

    Yes it is just oil. The oil level has gone down a bit. The oil has been checked prior to starting the machine and it has gone down some. Thanks

  4. #4scottwolowich2019-08-12 19:52

    check that the air filter is clean, ensure crank case breather is working properly if equipped, measure crank case pressure/blow-by, and the most simple one check the dipstick seal - oil does move around in there so might be some seeping going on. is it a turbo model?

  5. #5ITW2019-08-13 03:36

    I'm also thinking blowby stuck piston-rings ore wear on them, many hours on the machine?

  6. #6UpNorth Mini Excavating2019-08-30 08:33

    Air filter is new, engine crank case breather is working fine. How can I measure the crank case pressure/ blowby? I did notice that the dipstick has a little imperfection on the plastic tabs towards the top of the dipstick. This is a non turbo model. Machine just turned 2050 hours. Engine oil is not over filled.

  7. #7uffex2019-09-01 02:42

    Good day A couple of pieces of information that may be helpful. Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8KSSS2019-09-04 01:44

    If the head is cracked or a head gasket issue I usually have noticed pressure at the coolant tank and they have used antifreeze and the exhaust has had a white tinge to it. If your not seeing any of these, I would agree that the issue could likely be a piston or ring issue. Where it is a NA engine, and your pushing oil out the tube, your getting a pretty significant amount of pressure back into the block. I would say that you should visually be able to see or feel the blowby with the dipstick removed, it would be exact but would help narrow the cause. A compression test would likely reveal the issue and should be relatively easy to do as well.