Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi 27u-2 slew bearing play

joshs ยท 2019-08-03 23:43

How much play is acceptable in the slew bearing on a 27u-2? What is the best way to measure it? I can tell that there is some play on my 27u-2 but not sure if it's something I should be concerned about. I only put abut 5 hours a year on this machine. Thank You!

Replies7
  1. #1uffex2019-08-04 02:00

    Good day Josh Please see attached as a general rule 3mm. is considered the limit for larger machines but I guess the 27U may be less, please see attached which may help you. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2uffex2019-08-04 02:10

    Opps missed attachment sorry see attached. Use the final chart. KR Uffex

  3. #3mg23612019-08-04 05:13

    A Deere 27D (should be the equivalent to the 27U-2) spec is 0.62mm (0.024").

  4. #4uffex2019-08-04 06:11

    Good day Mg Thats helpful but is that for a new bearing or do you know the worn limit ? Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5mg23612019-08-04 18:35

    That should be the limit.

  6. #6uffex2019-08-05 01:56

    Thanks MG Thanks that seems a little tight for replacement. Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7mg23612019-08-05 05:03

    Sorry I was wrong .....should have scrolled down a little further on the page. The spec I posted was for a new bearing. The maximum allowable wear on the bearing is actually 1.4mm (0.055").