Hi everyone, Need some help with a Bobcat 325G. It is a 2007 ser 234113977. When I purchased it used several years ago it ran fine. Turn the key wait for it to "spin" up warm the plugs and then turn the key to start. Now I turn the key and nothing. I dont ket the "spin" up where the dials energize us and then rest to where they belong. For example the fuel gauge dial when you turn the key will go all the way full then go to wherever it really is. Thats what I call spinning up. Now it just does nothing I'll see some lights flash but then nothing. Sometimes I let it set like that for hours and I'll see that it has spun up and the machine will start. Understand this is not a battery problem or starter problem. This is BEFORE you start. The machine will turn over but it will not start unless the gauges are spun up. This issue is getting progressively worse. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. Do yall think its the entire controller panel? The numbers LCD display never worked. Its a prior Sunbelt Rental (green) and they taped over the LCD and put their own mechanical hours meter.
When I turn the key to first click to spin it up the lights on the below panel will flicker but immediately they go off. The glow plug one does not stay lit... if I walk away sometimes I come back and it is all lit up and ready to turn over.
Control panel..mouse snackin on some wires..bad connections..corrosion...the list goes on and on. Id pull the panel and check connections first. If no change, follow the wires as far as you can for pinches or exposed wires. You may end up needing a new panel by the sound of it and unfortunately that'd be a trip to the dealer as you can install it but they have to program it.
Thanks Pete, Does a dealer have to program it if its KEYED... ? maybe I've read wrong. I thought it was KEYLESS they had to program. I'll remove and try to trace wires... I've not done that mainly because I cannot see how to get the darn thing out.
If you do need a panel. Depending on what is wrong with yours you can send it to be repaid. I had my s150 keypad repaired for 375 plus shipping. Alot cheaper than 1200 at dealer plus hauling it up there and paying for programing. Hopefully yours is just something simple
Yes i apologize i for whatever reason thought you had said keyless! my bad haha. Anyway they would still have to as Txhayseed said repair/reprogram. Better than having to haul the machine up there. Call parts to see what its worth and also talk to service, typically they can outline what they'll need to do with it as in programming, etc.
thanks everyone I'll pull it out and see if I see the obvious... if not I'll assume the controller and see if my local bobcat dealer will repair... but I have a feeling they will want to sell me a new one. @Txhayseed do you still have to contact information where you sent yours to be repaired?
Isocell. They are based out of chicago. One of the few companies out there that do repairs.