Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TB 135 electrical

elkjunkie ยท 2021-01-28 18:06

This thing has been parked for a few months. The stereo and heater run off the same fuse and neither are working. I have Power to the fuse and not blown. Starts and runs however battery light flashes with accompanying buzzer. My parts manual doesn't show a relay or CB listed for the heater/stereo so I'm guessing I have a rodent problem as everthing worked when parked. I can't see the wiring diagrams online and was curious if this issue could be affecting the charging circuit? I'll pull the seat tomorrow to get to the bulk of the wiring and tip the cab to see if I have power to the alternator. If you have any suggestions I'd like to hear em. Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1Simon C2021-01-29 00:30

    Is your alternator belt tight. Are your battery connections clean. Some alternators need to be re-excited to start charging. Maybe your alternator or the wiring needs some attention. You need to put an electrical load on the alternator and see if it ramps up the output. A few things you could check. Simon

  2. #2Coaldust2021-01-29 03:51

    Sitting a few months provided an opportunity for some corrosion to grow on your battery terminals or some bad ground connections. Give it a thoughtful visual inspection, first. The heater and stereo circuit are probably aux circuits, maybe not OEM. The fuse may be getting power direct from a battery connection . Worth a shot.

  3. #3uffex2021-01-29 04:18

    Good day Attached a wiring diagram may be of help. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4elkjunkie2021-01-29 14:48

    Thanks for the suggestions and the diagram! I pulled the battery and cleaned the terminals, charged to full as it was 75%. The radio and heat are factory. I got the cab tilted, what a pain- all 4 struts are bad. Belts are good and tight (replaced last year) checking grounds and connections now.

  5. #5uffex2021-01-29 15:40

    Good day I am not sure if you have the bullet nose fuse's, I have known these to appear good, but the very tip is burnt. Suggest you bridge with a Multimeter if you have not already made that check. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6elkjunkie2021-01-29 15:58

    This machine has blade style fuses. I have power to heater controls, relay, and motor housing. Has to be a bad ground, still looking.

  7. #7Vetech632021-01-29 17:41
  8. #8heymccall2021-01-29 17:58

    I'm more inclined to believe, for the heater, that the blower motor has failed. As for the radio, it has two fuses, one on ignition, and the other on battery. Using a test light, walk down both sides of every fuse while the key is ON. For the battery light, have you tested the static and running voltages?

  9. #9elkjunkie2021-02-03 14:37

    Well no rodent evidence....surprisingly. both sides of each fuse check out with my test light. Battery voltage is 12.5 static, 12.3 running, 12.1 with lights on. No power at alternator other than BAT line. Not sure which line of the 3 wire plug should be hot.

  10. #10elkjunkie2021-03-12 21:41

    New blower motor, new alternator, new stereo. Speculation is that the reg blew in the alternator and hit the stereo and blower with too much voltage. I don't know if that's feasible but no fuses were blown, but then they protect amperage not voltage. Thanks to everyone for the help.