Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 329 excavator light.

Wagyu · 2018-02-15 17:23

I have a Bobcat 329 excavator with 1300 hours. I've been very pleased with it, though at a 1000 hours I had a bearing blow in a final drive requiring it to be rebuilt and it has a tendency for hay to get trapped between the oil cooler and radiator causing it to overheat, but it's not too difficult to clear out the debris. Currently the headlight on the cab has died and I don't see any screws and can't find any instructions on how to remove the light. Does anyone know? There are 2 lights. The one on the boom is still working. This is the one just below the cab to the left.

Replies9
  1. #1tool_king2018-02-16 01:46

    Can you post a picture of the light ?

  2. #2Wagyu2018-02-16 17:51
  3. #3Wagyu2018-02-16 17:58

    I did some further research and learned about the access panel under the rubber foot Mat. I removed 3 bolt and then the holding plate. Wrestled out the rubber mat finding the access plate underneath. Removed 5 more bolts and had access to the light.

  4. #4Wagyu2018-02-16 18:07

    I went to remove the wire harness to the light and found that it rotated and the bulb assembly just popped out. Now I have to figure out where to get a replacement bulb assembly. It also looks like the wiring harness is pre-set up to run additional lights which is something I’ve always wanted to install, but I’ll have to find a matching connecting harness.

  5. #5Wagyu2018-02-16 18:20

    I magnified the tiny writing on the bulb using my phone. Found 2 bulbs on eBay for $7.95 with free shipping

  6. #6tool_king2018-02-16 21:41

    That is great you got figured out .That is the light I thought you were talking about.They are standard automotive .Auto parts store should have .Like Napa ,Advance ,Pepboys

  7. #7Wagyu2018-02-17 00:33

    Thank you for looking in on this. The light bulb assembly is a 2 wire connect. Whereas the adjacent capped harness is 3 wire. Do you know the intended purpose of this accessory 3 wire harness? Is it controlled by the light switch? If I wanted to add more LED lights in front and behind would you advise using the accessory harness or just splicing in front of the current bulb?

  8. #8tool_king2018-02-17 01:02

    They may add another use for option .what is the serial number? If you are using led you could spice in .

  9. #9tool_king2018-02-17 01:03

    I have pdf books on these.