Hi everyone . I am having an issue trying to engage the float function on by blade control on my bobcat 331 mini excavator The blade control stick will not go into the lock position anymore ... It worked fine 2 days ago although I had to slam the stick hard to the front to engage it ... But now it will not lock at all. The blade goes up and down no problem there ?.. What are the mechanics of the stick itself and what exactly keeps it locked into the float function? Thanks for any input.
I have lost all function of the blade now???\
Usually the float function is part of the control valve, on the end of the valve spool where the centering spring is. Sounds like maybe you have broken the linkage or cable to the control valve, does the stick feel very loose?
Hi Iantraxco. The blade stick feels a bit different . I tried removing the right console but the cup holder screw head is stripped so will need to drill the head out. I have a feeling what you suggest might be the problem. Thanks for the help.
Hi . Just inspected the blade mechanical linkage , hidden by all the hydraulic hoses , near impossible to see it... But I could see the broken part at the far bottom , hence not getting the full stroke to the plunger , either up or down... Now the big question, how do I get to this part to try and remove it and perhaps weld it ? Thanks all.
That's pretty much the dilemma with any mini ex or no tail swing machine, 10 lbs of stuff shoved into a 5 lb sack. You'll probably have to take a pile of hoses loose from the main control valve just to get access to the broken part, even then, will likely still be tricky to repair, but that's the way it is with those machines, curse words are typically necessary, and sometimes even beer. Additionally your broken linkage may be a result of the float detent mentioned by lantraxco, it might simply be dry or corroded from moisture. You might consider taking the cap off of that spool and dump some oil on the float detent after you fix the linkage.
Thanks Willie59 Both cursed words and Beer have already been used a plenty so tomorrow I might tackle the hoses removal procedure and see if I can get that part removed and possibly welded at the shop . Thanks for all the help . Much appreciated .
Repaired the broken linkage. Welded it in place . Having issues setting up the spool arm to linkage mechanism. Blade goes up and down but the float spool doesn't go high enough to lock into place in the top spool cap... Getting to be a pro at removing all the hoses . Will try setting up some more but first I need to get me some oil to fill up the Hyd. Reservoir Engine oil SAE 10w30 I heard was what is needed ? Thanks all