Hey guys, wondering if any of you had this before. 1998 bobcat 331 ser # 512916609. Was running great then all of a sudden shut off. Turn key off and fired right up again. But then would shut off after aprox 20 sec. It was doing that non stop. A very faint beep would start in the cab at about 15 sec and then shuts down after 20 sec. It is the fuel shut off flipping to the off position. So got looking around and tested the fuel shut off solenoid, it works fine. Then crawled under and looked at the oil press sensor, wire broken off. So while parts where on order I by-passed that part of the harness and everything is working fine. Main harness to relay, from relay to solenoid. Infact when I look at the harness on bobcatonline it does not have the harness there that mine has and I wired it to what the parts diagram looked like. So the fuel shut off works fine as long as the oil press is not in the loop. New sensor came in, installed it, and wired it the way it was before. Now same thing, runs for 15 sec, beeper starts, then 5 sec of beeping and shuts the solenoid off. the only thing that changed was the beeper is now at full strength, where as before it was pretty faint. Pretty sure I have oil press or this post would be about where to find a motor. Thanks guys. Any thoughts?
Looking a little more at the parts break down, I think I found the extra wiring. It looks like it has the rental kit installed on it. Part # 6715383. It shows it as an accessory but not sure what it actually does?
It probably allows the rental co. to shut it off remotely.??
I think likely to shut it down if there is an overheat condition or a low oil press event.