Hi All, I have a CAT 318B ADC 2001 year with leakyc hydraulic pump and need to replace some seals. Does anybody have parts diagram with part number for the seals? Not sure if I'm allowed to post full seral number here. Thanks!!!
If you're dismounting the pump, I'd certainly contemplate checking, no, changing, the drive coupling, too.
Thanks for the ingo heymccall. My pump seems to be a bit different tough. Sections of the pump are held together with 4 long bolts, not separate like shown on this drawing. I'll have to take some pictures and post them here and try to find exact part number for the pump. For now I only have what is stamped on the casting K3V63 20801. It seems that leak is not coming from the main parts of two pumps joints but rather from one or two auxiliary attachments on the pump. I don't know even what they are. I was very short on time when I had a look at it so I didn't gather much info at the time.
Only main pump I see. What is your full serial number?
Does the pump have a Cat Part Number tag on it rather than the numbers you found that (I assume) are cast into the body..? Just wondering if it could be an aftermarket "will fit" pump. Attached are the pages from the manual for disassembling the pump. Hopefully something in there might give you a better clue.
Gear pump for medium pressure auxiliary? An option for rotating grapple use, etc.
Full Serial number is: *ADC00695* . Other documents look more like my pump. First one I was a bit confused how it was portrayed. Nige, your document outlines the right pump by the looks of it. I have attached marked illustration where the leak is coming from, and it's dripping down. At this position it is impossible to see if the leak is between bolten on part (marked 1 on the drawing) and main pump body, or between main pump body and intermediate section connecting two sections of the pump. It will have to come off and some seals ( o rings) need replacement. Thanks for the document Nige, that will help a lot!!!
So from your red circle it would appear that the leak is coming from the joint between one of the pressure & flow compensator valves and the body of that section of the main implement pump.
Either that, or main pump body and body that sits between two main sections of the pump. There is basically no way to know. Gap is so small there, I can barely shine some light on it. I'll probably take off compensators body, replace rings on it and see how it goes from there. Looks much simpler than taking off whole main part of the pump.
Here is the pump and vertical leak source area (vertical) and where it collects and drips down (horizontal). It also may be between this cover with 4 allen key bolts and body of the compensator valves as well, but does leak somewhere in that gap 100% because top of that gap is bone dry.