Dose anyone know how much these can pull like hook up to and go forward i plan on renting to pull some old combines out of the woods it would 4000 lbs deadweight drag and then i wanted to break them up with he thumb do you guys think these could handle it or do i need to go bigger like a deere 50d thanks :usa
I don't think you will break them up so easily. Tony
Yea i figured that i just needed to rip the drawbars off or bend them but it should drag them No problem right?
You know as well as I `problems` are always lurking.....When you say `combines` I assume that to mean an old discarded combine...a machine used to harvest a row crop?? If it is that, the weight may be more than you think, and the bulk being metal, is why I say you may have a problem just pulling them apart with a thumb.....If I have misunderstood, then I am `sorry`...If not , if you have a tractor you might try to pull one out with a heavy chain, being careful not to flip the tractor backwards....That should give you an idea of the difficulty of pulling.....believe me --dead weight is not so easy to pull without upward lift, like a wrecker...Tony
well when i say combines i mean the old pull behinds and i tried hooking my tractor to them but that is quite small only 40 hp old 1970 alice chalmers 2wd and it kinda wanted to move them so i figured anything with tracks would have no problem but thanks alot for the advice
you are welcome...I understand now....a small excavator isn`t all that good for pulling...I have an e50 bCat and the treads slip just about as easy as a tractor once they start....Try to figure some way to get some lift on the dead weight...That will make alot of difference t
Yea the main thing me is my option is rent the local shops machine "BobCat 441" for 270 a day or go down the road and get a Deere 80c which i know would be overkill for $420
I forgot to really describe what does the pulling....it is weight...You might talk to the place you rent, and ask their opinion....upward lift is important also....Some people have taken a large wheel, and with a chain over it, been able to pull heavy things a little way at a time...Might try that....Tony