Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 331 boom

timmcc ยท 2014-11-09 00:05

I have a bobcat 331 we blew the hose to the boom valve on the 5 valve assembly and replaced it we now have a creeping boom won't stay up won't stay pressure down it won't hold pressure either way we removed the spool valve on the 5 valve assembly and found no obvious problems any suggestions?

Replies5
  1. #1melli2014-11-09 02:11

    Was the hose bad? Or was it a good hose and the relief never kicked in, blowing the hose?

  2. #2joispoi2014-11-09 11:15

    Try swapping the dipper and boom spools and see if the symptoms migrate to the dipper cylinder. Otherwise, it's possible that the boom cylinder failed and blew a weak hose.

  3. #3timmcc2014-11-09 21:56

    The hose was bad it had a hole worn in it

  4. #4timmcc2014-11-09 21:58

    the hose had a hole worn in it I will try the swap

  5. #5timmcc2014-11-13 10:01

    I found that the cylinder piston seals were blown replaced and running good thanks all