Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 331 excavator!!!

7840sl ยท 2014-10-19 12:12

Iv just aquired a very tidy 331 and there is only one problem, that once the machine warms up, it slows down , like barley moving???? Is this a pump issue ? Can I just turn the pump up ??? Need answers. Thanks guys

Replies8
  1. #1willie592014-10-19 12:20

    Are you saying every function of the machine slows down? Does the engine hold its RPM?

  2. #27840sl2014-10-19 16:14

    Ya basically, engine holds revs fine, the lift ram and slew slow down the most but it is fine when started first.,

  3. #3willie592014-10-19 22:56

    Well, that can possibly be a complicated problem for us to sort out on the internet 7840sl. It might help for us to know if the machine is an X331, or a 331 G Series, please confirm and provide the machine serial number. I don't know that I can help, but I'll give it a try.

  4. #4stumpjumper832014-10-20 07:15

    In addition to willies requirements, are they the only two functions to be affected?

  5. #57840sl2014-10-20 22:03

    No all functions slow down , but mainly the lift ram and slew , it's an x331 not sure of serial number, any advise would be greatly appreciated . thank you.

  6. #6willie592014-10-20 22:46

    Without a serial number it's hard for me to know which machine you have to look at the correct diagrams. The 331 is a long series of machines that has had a lot of changes over the years. Do you at least know the year model to get close? Can you post a pic of the machine?

  7. #77840sl2014-10-21 20:29

    552916255 is the serial number, thanks again willie.

  8. #8willie592014-10-21 22:17

    I really hate to be a PITA, but I'm not seeing a 552XXXXXX serial number for a 331. :beatsme