Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cleaning out creek channel with Bobcat 321

sos1 ยท 2014-10-20 00:21

Major problem.....while sitting on sand and gravel in creek and dipping out channel in front of culvert; the sand and gravel under me began to flow as water squirted out. Then I managed to get out with little time to spare.Should I dig a hole upstream, collect the water and pump it out as I work cleaning out the channel moving from upstream to down stream?

Replies6
  1. #1Garrie Denny2014-10-20 00:48

    Sounds like you need an excavator.

  2. #2sos12014-10-20 05:13

    That's what I'm using.

  3. #3clintm2014-10-20 06:58

    where was you setting you should be on the creek bank and never dig over side of tracks always end that way you can get away from cave in. if the water was squirting out the ground was saturated and you will never win trying to pump around the water.

  4. #4sos12014-10-20 08:37

    You're right May have to wait for water to stop.

  5. #5CM19952014-10-20 08:41

    You may need some swamp mats. For a 321 mini you could build a few out of 4x4's.

  6. #6sos12014-10-20 17:22

    Finished!!! Ended up making "perches" on both sides of channel so I was able to reach far enough. More work but safer. Thanks to all who responded !!!