Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 331 excavator cylinder

GMAN2325 · 2024-07-05 16:14

Hello all- I have an older 90s model bobcat 331 excavator on a farm. I don’t use it very often, but it was operable last year. This year I noticed two holes approximately 5/8” diameter about 6 inches apart on the lifting arm cylinder. The middle cylinder of the three. When operating the excavator, hydraulic fluid is pouring out these holes. I tapped and plugged them, however one blew out while repositioning the unit. My question is what are these two holes for? And is this a type of relief mechanism that I need to loop together? Whatever piece/s were on there are now gone. I’m hoping someone can give me some insight on this. Thanks for your help in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1materthegreater2024-07-07 20:56

    Any pictures?

  2. #2GMAN23252024-07-08 10:41

    Not a the moment. But I will be able to post a few in a couple days.

  3. #3GMAN23252024-07-08 17:28
  4. #4GMAN23252024-07-08 17:28

    Pictures were added