Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

690elc

Cwalters · 2024-07-06 11:15

Hey guys I’m still having trouble with this trackhoe my next option is John Deere and there extremely high to fix it my issue is when I first got it The hydraulics were weak, and the motor would bogg down on every function. I was told the pump was probably bad so I changed the fluids and filters. There was no metal in the system. everybody still told me the pump was bad so I pulled it off. Had it checked they said the pump looked brand new, put back on the machine now it’s weaker than ever. It doesn’t bog anymore But it’s so weak now it won’t lift the boom there’s no lights on the controller ,when I flipped the manual bypass and try to run it. The pump gets extremely hot like it may be bypassing within about two minutes of running the pump so hot you can’t touch it. any help or advice would be great. No one around my area has ever worked on one of these except one guy at the John Deere place.

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612024-07-07 06:14

    Let's start with a serial number. Engine speeds working as they should? Do you have gauges?

  2. #2Cwalters2024-07-07 08:47

    Sn *DW690EL561968* Engine speed works as it should no lights on the controller I do have gauges and have checked some of the pressures they told me you had to have a differential pressure gauge to get it accurate is there a way to test pressure strait out the pump

  3. #3mg23612024-07-08 05:00

    You will need to isolate the electrical from the hydraulic. If you don't already have it, I also strongly recommend you acquire the Operation and Test Manual TM1508 if you want to start tackling issues with that machine yourself. To isolate the systems, check your messages.

  4. #4Cwalters2024-07-09 10:49

    Thank ya sir it does look like I have a electric problem I don’t have but 7 volts to my control valve solenoid and no pressure on the gauge it’s like it just quit working because I checked pressure there last month and had 220 which is what it’s called for I just don’t understand why it’s not bogging anymore since I pulled the pump off and now it’s super weak. But I’ll got through those steps and try it today

  5. #5mg23612024-07-10 05:31

    You will only measure about that if using a voltmeter. That circuit is not tested with the voltmeter. The controller changes the current to control that solenoid. Did you press the button shown below with the engine running for diagnostics? Also, check the system voltage while running to make sure it is not too high or low.

  6. #6jonno6342024-07-10 12:03

    When you replaced the pump, did you prime them correctly? (Not familiar with 690elc, but my 892elc) when hyd were drained you primed the pumps so they didn’t have air in them. Just thinking outside the box a bit.

  7. #7Cwalters2024-07-12 07:50

    I did replaced a couple lines filled them with fluid before too

  8. #8jonno6342024-07-13 14:59

    I believe there is a line or plug to remove, then you fill with oil until it comes out that plug/line, to purge the air that gets trapped in the pump and regulator