Has anyone cleaned one before? I seem to be getting some pressure in tank as the breather cap is hissing after a good run. And plastic tank seems pretty tight...worried too much pressure is building up in tank. Oil is clean, no foaming or anything. Wondering if anyone has cleaned one or taken it apart (if possible)?
Going to answer my own question...was just a tad concerned as I don't usually have good luck messing with plastic bits...usually end up breaking them... So, the cap is fairly simple. I gently pried cap off valve unit...you can see in pics the indents you have to overcome. Obviously, the cap is designed to facilitate flow both ways. A large spring valve seems to control outflow (stiff), and the little valve controls inflow (not so stiff). I was thinking the foam element was gunked up, but it didn't seem all bad. That little valve unscrews by hand...checked all valve surfaces...all ok. Moral of the story, everything looked ok...I cleaned it up, and snapped it back together (time will tell if I buggered the indents). Have to be careful putting it back together...block of wood, perfectly flat on top and bottom to snap it together. So, the hissing was normal I suppose....
Can you estimate how many hours on this breather and were many hours added during extreme dusty work? Great photo! Thanks for sharing.
No idea if PO replaced cap or WHY...but I have put on 1000hrs since I bought it, and this is the first time I've looked at it. best