Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 331 Temp Light and Buzzer Erratic

PNW_Newbie · 2023-01-10 02:16

I am a beginner when it comes to mechanic type work and try to fumble fingers my way through things is all...I literally dropped 3 sockets, one wrench and the bolt down the rabbit hole when I took out the buzzer last night...sigh...lol Anyway, my new to me but older 1993 bobcat 331 mini started having the temperature warning light and buzzer go off at random times. Sometimes it will come on for a few seconds where other times it stay on until I can't handle the noise any more and shut it off. Right now it's at a point where it won't quit nagging my ear off even when it's totally cold and not running - Turning the key used to make the buzzer and light go on for about 10 seconds but now it just stays on. I have done the following: 1. Unplugged the main harness to the gauges entirely, light goes off of course but buzzer remains. 2. Unplugged one of the leads from the buzzer itself, buzzer shuts off but gauge light stays on. 3. Wiggled every single wire and connection I could get my grimey little hands on while the annoying buzzer and light was on via the key position and not running. 4. Unplugged the timer that is also related to this warning and got no change. Temp gauge works as it should. I also have the manual and a parts manual now in PDF. Wiring schematic says the ground for the buzzer is shared by the lights and shows it to be "internally grounded" - I don't know what that means. Any help is appreciated on what to either rule out or check going forward. Thank you.

Replies1
  1. #1seville0092023-01-10 05:19

    I’m no mechanic, but if everything is actually running fine, then just keep the buzzer unplugged and put some duct tape over the light. That would be my “fix”, at least.