Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota U55-5

thinchman · 2023-01-11 21:46

Hello all, can anyone tell me what the spec would be for the tolerance for the pins in the swing post for a 2021 Kubota U55-5? I am looking at some machines and they seem to be excessive to what i am used to. Thanks in advance

Replies8
  1. #1uffex2023-01-12 10:48

    Good day Very close model but I gamble to tolerance is the same. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2thinchman2023-01-12 11:21

    uffex, Thank you for the reply. From these specs it looks like about 2mm of play within the pin and bushing.

  3. #3uffex2023-01-12 12:52

    Yes that seems about right. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #40072023-01-12 18:54

    Hi Thinchman, I have a U25-3. When i was looking at second hand machines i rejected so many for what i considered excessive wear. I bought new and was totally pissed at the slop through all the pins. The swing pin to this day ***** me as it bags up and down as the load comes on and off that joint. A hand full of shims would fix most of it and i should have made to dealer do it before i took the machine. In a workshop environment would be easy to take the weight of boom and re shim. Cheers

  5. #5thinchman2023-01-12 20:25

    Hello 007, Thank you for responding. I have looked at many different makes like CAT, Bobcat, Kubota, Sany and Deere, out of all of them I would say the Bobcat had the best tolerance and Sany being the worst. I feel when you're spending over $68 you should be getting better workmanship. I will keep on looking and hopefully find the one.

  6. #6uffex2023-01-13 04:23

    Good day Often manufacture's - dealers will react to factual measurements, making some work Im sure and publish your findings on the forum. Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7zeroo2023-01-14 19:00

    I have a u48, had a kx040 before. My pins have/had no play. IMO, it’s a very unused joint, and when people grease them they dont move it back and forth to smear grease around the pin. They take an enormous amount of stress and need to be grease properly otherwise they will just wear from the vibration in the dry spots where the grease never reaches.

  8. #8thinchman2023-01-14 23:03

    I agree! The first one i looked at had just enough oil in the site glass to see it. Check air filter and it was packed. He said he checks everything daily. I think my version of proper maintenance and some people is way different. When i was looking at the pins i took the thumb in one hand and the cylinder shaft in the other and the thumb had about an inch of movement. I drove 7 hrs to find this when the guy said “Things are tight”