Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BOBCAT 331 Wont start/Fuel shut off solenoid issue

yasika116 ยท 2015-12-04 21:46

Hello everyone and thank you reading my post, I am new to the forum and I am having issues with my bobcat 331 mini excavator. I replaced a hydraulic control solenoid under the floor panel early this week and when i went to test the solenoid before buttoning everything up i blew a fuse because i had some bare wires . i found a fuse box under the right hand controls and found that the ignition fuse was blown, no others, after replacing the fuse i then had power and the machine would crank but not start. I notice the oil pressure light on the cluster was no longer lighting up when key was turned on, i got the machine running by holding the fuel solenoid open. From there i jumped the pull and hold terminal and was able to energize the solenoid, i have 10ohms on the hold coil and straight continuity on the pull(sounds odd but like i said it worked when jumped) i have not had any luck with wiring diagrams however i know to the relay i have good 12v and ground but i dont see any controled power going to the relay so my guess is either there is another relay or fuse i have yet to find or i have a ecm or wire problem. Please for the love of god help me!!! haha thanks for reading

Replies6
  1. #1willie592015-12-04 22:12

    Welcome to HEF yasika116. :drinkup What year model and s/n is your machine? Do you have a mouse problem chewing up the wiring harness?

  2. #2yasika1162015-12-05 06:39

    512914505 s/n I am unsure of the year. I am doubtful it is a mouse issue be the machine ran fine before blowing the fuse

  3. #3willie592015-12-05 20:55

    I'm not certain, but I think that serial number is somewhere in the mid to late 90's machine, the manual I have for a 331 is for later model G Series machines, looks like I don't have any info to work with for your model. Maybe crewchief will jump in here an help.

  4. #4yasika1162015-12-06 10:40

    Well thank you for trying! As an update I have a bad wire somewhere to the gauge/fuel fuse, I messing around and got power for a moment in haveing a hard time following the wire to see where it gets its power from.

  5. #5yasika1162015-12-06 20:02

    Update: found a bad connection into the fuse box! Bobcat fixed!!

  6. #6willie592015-12-06 20:42

    Good to hear you got it sorted out yasika116. :drinkup