I recently bought a Cat 325 excavator (older machine 16k hours) for farm use. Never had one before so am a novice. All is good, except I cannot find any attachments that would fit the quick hitch. Measurements are: Pin diameter, 76.2mm (3 inch), pin c to c is 405mm and between ears is 307. The closest seems to be a Cat 320 hitch at 80mm, 460mm and 311mm, although I thought C to C for a cat 320 was less than 460mm. The problem is that if I get the wrong ripper it will be costly to alter. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether cat 320 might fit or is it all going to be trial and error. Barry.
Send me your email address I have a chart that may help. [email protected]
Are those measurements just for the attachment side of the hitch, or are the ones one the machine side the same? Maybe they special made the coupler to fit attachments for a previous machine? Those measurements sound like they could be for a Case 1080 or 1280? One other thing on a Cat. They have multiple linkage designs. B-linkage, S-linkage among others. You might be needing to get rid of that coupler.
What's the S/N of the excavator..? If the quick coupler was originally supplied new with the machine then it can be identified from the build records.