Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 334 D Erratic movements of the aux thumb

ibc ยท 2023-07-03 15:39

I am recently having an issue when I press the Aux button on the panel to operate the thumb toggle. As soon as I press the button on the panel the engine sounds strained and when I go to move the thumb it jumps back and forth, moving erratically. Anyone have this issue before? 2500 hr machine with about 1000 hrs on the new instrument panel. Anyone have this happen?

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2023-07-08 03:07

    Good day If my information is correct, the switch operates a proprtional valve in turn operates the option spool. You could choke one line to thumb and see if that makes the control smoother. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2ibc2023-10-02 15:12

    Update: wires were fried and grounding against one another. Took them out one by one, wrapped in heat shrink, reassembled, done.