I have a Hitachi ZX17U-5 and I have had trouble keep track tension. Track adjusters don't appear to have any leaks, I am using the right track size (230x48x70) and have tried a few different brands. Machine has less then 1000 hours on it so the undercarriage is in good condition in general. I was speaking to a person one of the sets of tracks off and they seem to think they hear this more often with the ZX17 and believe it could be a design fault of the machine? Has anyone else had any problems or have any suggestions what else to look at?
Is your machine under warranty? if so it will be covered. if not check that the grease nipple and track release is tight. but it sounds as if you have a bypass inside your track adjuster. Track adjusters a very simple design if its not holding presure the grease is either getting past the pressure seal or getting out somehow. you could swap the track adjusters over to try isolate the problem and if it follows with it pull your track off and slide out the track adjuster and put some new seals in it, you will be suprised how easy it is
We have had a look and the adjusters don't seem to be losing pressure or grease, its very clean all round so I don't think that's the issue. The adjuster wont eject the piston either if we try to pump it out with grease. Will have another look though.
id would be pulling it out and investigating, if its leaking past the seals internally u wont see the grease
Good day Check that the spring is not in two parts. Kind regards Uffex
Spring is intact, nothing physically wrong externally on the adjuster we can see.
Good day Be sure the bolt is not loose in the spring. Kind regards Uffex
Hi, out of interest did you find a solution for this? I have been having issues with seals blowing out due to the poor amount of travel in the cylinder