Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 334G

Ecostruction ยท 2010-01-25 22:16

I'm in the market for a mini-ex and am considering a 2006 Bobcat 334G. It's not close to me, so I've had it checked out remotely. It's got a boatload of hours on it, but it's a one owner and in pretty good shape. The only thing that concerns me is the negative vibe I get by reading posts about bobcat machines and there is a clicking sound when this machine rotates. Like a playing card in the spokes of a bicycle. The remainder of the machine is in great condition and appears to be well taken care of. Thoughts on a bobcat 334 and what does the G stand for? Also thoughts on what the clicking might be when rotating? All help is greatly appreciated. Regards, Eco

Replies6
  1. #1CRAFT2010-01-26 01:36

    The "G" stands for the series ...like my skid is a "K" series and its predcessor was a "G" .... now the newest models are called "M" ........ the clicking might be the rotary ring gear bearing which may be a costly thing, try hitting it with grease, not a huge amount you will push out the seal if over greased but a few shots on all nipples and see if the sound changes also see if the oils are OK where the swing motor is can't remember if there was a dip stick or not, check with a dealer ..... the 334's are abullet proof machine, just not a ZTS or ZHS which is really awesome if in tight stuff

  2. #2Ecostruction2010-01-27 08:24

    Thanks, for the reply. Eco

  3. #3Canadian_digger2010-01-27 20:14

    We have 2004 334G with 2000hrs on it and have not put a dollar into it other than oil and filters and had to replace one track. The 334 has been a great machine for us. As for the clicking sound, I think our may click a little when your swing. I think our did that from day one so if its the same thing I would not worry about it. Maybe a Bobcat tech with chime in and let you know for sure.

  4. #4barklee2010-01-27 22:15

    I have a 2004 334G and i think its great. Mine has 2200hrs on it. Only thing i have done to it is replaced a cylinder ram and seals (operators fault). Mine makes a very slight clicking noise but nothing too severe. Also broke the pins for the x change, i guess that is a common problem with this. Other than that it has tons of power, fast digging speed, Kubota motor (hopefully), and a dealer on every corner. I wouldnt think twice about owning a Bobcat.

  5. #5Excavator7592010-01-28 11:15

    I am not a big bobcat fan, I own 2 of them and havent been very happy. I will say the 334 seems to be the most reliable bobcat mini. My 430 makes that clicking sound and also the 341, they have since they were new.

  6. #6gpap1232010-02-18 12:00

    I am thinking of purchasing a 334 of 2000. Is it worth to search for 334g ? Are there any differences between the older and the newer model? What is your opinion?