Hello all, Have a friend who owns a bobcat 334g miniex. The instrument panel (vehicle control module I think) will not go to sleep after you shut off the key. The back lights stay on. It draws 350Ma after key off. If you pull the computer fuse and reinstall, the dash goes dark and the draw goes to 115Ma. (still not asleep??) If you pull the 'computer' fuse the draw goes to almost zero. I think the dash computer has some internal problem. Anybody have any experience in these modules? I have not been able to locate any factory wiring diagrams....not sure where all the inputs and outputs go....this module seems to be in charge of most of the electrical functions and also serves as the instrument panel.... hate to put a new module in just to find there is a pinched wire or something like that I missed. I checked the alt-no draw there. I opened the instrument module and found no corrosion or obvious problems.... most likely the dash is trash...bet it's at least $1000 to replace...really don't want to blow this diagnosis... any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance...
We have a T300, with keypad module, doing a similar thing right now. Push red button, engine dies, gauges on left panel go off, but the keypad display on right panel stays on. LoL...shows "0" engine rpm! Even my dealer service manager said he's never seen this before. I'm expecting to have to replace keypad, just haven't got around to it yet.
I had similar prob with 331g. when i did take circuit board out it had corrosion that was causeing short. we tried to repair but had to replace, i think it was around $1000. You may be able to use a wire brush and electrical contact cleaner to clean corosion if any. I have to cover my console when a lot of rain is coming.
a quick update.... have been told we are getting factory wiring diagrams....dealer thinks might be sticky relay....don't think so, i pulled them all and draw didn't change....still think it's in the magic box. thanks all.