Good morning My best friend and I picked up a 2007 bobcat 335 with approximately 1000 hours on it. All fluids and filters were changed by us. Final drive fluid included. Hydraulic fluid level is checked every time I park the machine, it’s at the proper level. Tracks are brand new purchased and installed by us. The problem I’m having is the tracks seem really weak. I’ve never driven a similar excavator so I don’t exactly have a baseline to compare to, but it sure feels very weak. I constantly have to feather the peddles to get it to really engage, especially if I’m on any kind of hill. I don’t know if I should normally be able to do a 0 point turn, but I definitely cannot. Going in straight lines on relatively flat ground is fine, as soon as I throw a turn in the mix or a small hill, the machine sucks. I’ve put about 20 hours on it and the problem is not getting any better or worse. The final drive gears do seem worn, but the track isn’t slipping off the sprockets, the drives themselves just don’t seem to have any “oomf”. I’ve checked track tension and it’s proper. If I lift the excavator tracks off the ground they are very quick to respond, and spin fast. As soon as it’s on the ground and there is resistance, they just don’t get where they should be going. While I’m here, does anyone know if there is a specific measurement I can check on the final drives to determine if the sprockets need replacing? All I find online is “if they seem pointy” lol. All other hydraulics seem fine, but again, I’ve never driven a machine like this. So for all I know, the other hydraulics are below par too. I have a lot more experience on a 1980s case back hoe but that’s not exactly comparing apples to apples. Thanks for all your help
I have similar issues with my Hitachi EX35U. Someone suggested to me that it might be related to the high speed/low speed function….more torque available in low speed, less in high speed. Does the machine perform differently in high or low? Also, I have been cautioned about doing 0-point turns unless on loose ground, especially with rubber tracks. Anyone else? I’m curious to hear what the experts have to say as well!
Hello, if it travels straight on two speed “rabbit mode” but drifts to one side on normal speed you’ve got a stuck two speed valve in one of the drive motors. It feels like you don’t have enough power on one of the tracks and it’s hard to turn. So if it drifts to the right it’s your left drive motor stuck two speed valve, drifts to the left it’s your right drive motor two speed valve. In two speed mode machine limits torque to give you speed. You can rebuild two speed valve assembly if not too damaged.