Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 35D 2010 thumb stopped working ser 2651xx

Richard V ยท 2024-06-30 18:01

The thumb switch on the right joystick stopped working. The fuse (F8) is OK. In fact all the fuses are OK. I took apart the handle and looked for a broken wire and nothing appears to be. I noticed the rear button to idle the machine is also not working but the horn button is. I don't know when that stopped working but the wire for that button and the thumb rocker switch are all going to a small metal box which is silicon filled. I don't know what that is for ?. Anyways I guess I should up the cab and look elsewhere ? Any ideas anyone ? I could not find the part number on JD site.

Replies23
  1. #1aardquark2024-06-30 23:02

    A while back I was looking for thumb switches for a 35D, and had some trouble finding them. I never ordered any, but did find this site with switches that look like they might fit.

  2. #2mg23612024-07-01 05:42

    That little box is part of the handle wiring, correct? With the wiring still connected, and carefully backprobing the wiring (machine side of the connection) and you have voltage into the handle, and the handle has a good ground, and no output from the handle to the solenoids, then you need a handle assembly (which would set you back $600 US). Switches are not sold separately. Handle subs to 4714147

  3. #3Richard V2024-07-01 06:01

    Yes the little box is part of the handle, I will go check the wires with a meter. Thanks a lot for the info.

  4. #4Richard V2024-07-04 15:58

    I got my hands on the machine. I tested the black wire from the little box and frame bolt and got continuity. Check the kind of red (more orange to me) beside the black wire and got .15V, decided to lift up the cab looking for ?!, found a connector wire that goes to a solenoid beside the pump and wires were destroyed. Cut and rewired & plugged everthing back together, cab down, tried the thumb, nogo. Decided to check for resistance on the Solenoid and reads Zero or full continuity. I think the Solenoid is shot but not 100% sure on this. I think it should read some resistance. Now looking for the part number on this and can't find it. This solenoid is right beside the pump. The end of the pump has a hydraulic line (small) going to this valve and 2 other hydraulic lines are going to the big control valve. I supposed the thumb switch is activating the valves on the main control valve but if the solenoid out of the pump is not working it will not making everything else upstream not work ?

  5. #5Richard V2024-07-04 16:09

    the other question I have is, when is 12V is supposed to be on the male connector (from the wiring harness), when the left lever is brought down ?

  6. #6Richard V2024-07-04 19:02

    After the previous post, I talked to the JD parts guy, he tells me I need 460$ cnd. Anyone knows what resistance the electric part should show ?

  7. #7Richard V2024-07-05 03:37

    Sorry for post no 39, The part no is 4614657. The electro magnet is not sold separately.

  8. #8mg23612024-07-05 06:46

    Terminal #1 with the Red/yellow wire should have 12 volts with the key on. Yes, it should be the one next to the black wire (terminal 2). It comes from fuse F8 via the key switch. A serial number can get you a schematic. Next to the pump is the AC torque control solenoid. That is only activated when the AC is on. Deere did not publish the resistance for that coil. Other similar coils on the machine are 10-15 ohms. The solenoids for the auxiliaries are under the cab, basically directly under your right control lever. It will have two solenoids mounted on a block.

  9. #9Richard V2024-07-05 07:24

    This is what I have, below, the kind of red wire beside the black on the top of the picture should have 12V ? the F8 fuse is OK. SER is 265120

  10. #10mg23612024-07-05 07:56
  11. #11mg23612024-07-05 08:02

    Check your messages.

  12. #12Richard V2024-07-05 09:06

    Yes on that side of the box ! but not the blue wire

  13. #13Richard V2024-07-05 12:20

    Here is a picture of the control valve where the solenoid magnet was mounted to. I don't have 12V there even when I turn on AC but the AC fuse is OK. I took out the electric magnet, fixed the connector issue but did not change anything. I tested when the cab was up.

  14. #14Richard V2024-07-05 16:16

    I got the thumb working, it had to do with another switch in the cab, that either was replaced or added by the previous original owner. I'll check with him when I see him. Thanks a whole lot for the additional info you provided. As for the solenoid valve, I don't know what it is for ? I turned on the AC and do have cold air coming out in the cabin. Everything is working with the machine except I did not try the mulcher involving changing the flow direction to oneway. Maybe that valve has to do with that ?

  15. #15mg23612024-07-06 06:16

    I was pointing at the connector, not the blue wire. Anyhow, glad you figured out how to get the thumb working. That valve you posted a picture of might be the auxiliary flow combiner valve, if you have that option. It changes how much flow goes to the attachment. I could not tell if you have that option because your serial number does not come up in the system (post a picture of the serial). If you tell me where the lines off that valve run, I might be able to figure out which valve it is. To change from one way flow to two way flow, you manually change the valve shown below.

  16. #16Richard V2024-07-06 07:02

    When I spoke with JD, they traced it to below. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/142050/referrer/search/pgId/109768037/partnumber/4614657/callout/14

  17. #17Richard V2024-07-06 07:15

    Here is the serial number.

  18. #18mg23612024-07-06 07:19

    That should be the auxiliary flow combiner valve. It should not affect the operation of your thumb, only the speed of it. I sent you some more stuff.

  19. #19Richard V2024-07-06 07:25

    How is it activated ? by a switch in the Cab ? and thanks again for the schematic.

  20. #20mg23612024-07-06 10:43
  21. #21Richard V2024-07-06 19:39

    so when that switch if OFF, the thumb should be working right ?

  22. #22mg23612024-07-07 05:51

    Yep. Below is out of the operators manual. 4. Auxiliary Flow Control Switch (if equipped): When switch is in HIGH position, the hydraulic attachment is in high flow rate mode. When the switch is in LOW position, the hydraulic attachment is in reduced flow rate mode.

  23. #23Richard V2024-07-07 06:02

    Well in my case when the switch is off the thumb is not working. So I suppose there is some wiring issue in that area. I'll go re-investigate this. Thank you again.