Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 337 Electrical Problem

Bubba ยท 2015-07-19 11:41

i got an issue with my instrument panel. When I switch it off the dash lights stay on. I disconnect the ground on battery so it want run my battery down. I know better but I used the excavator to lift the trailer while welding on it. I didn't think to disconnect my battery, hope I didn't damage the computer. All gauges work no other issues. No codes Any advise would be appreciated. It may be a bad switch and just a coincidence that it happen while welding on the trailer. All I had was a chain but that was still a continued circuit. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1melli2015-07-20 00:57

    Your lights are on? Only time my dash lights up is when lights are on...

  2. #2Bubba2015-07-20 11:22

    u Thanks. That makes sense. My light don't work And I think the little switch is messed up cause the codes and hr meter don't respond correctly. I reckon I need to disc connect it. Thanks

  3. #3Bubba2015-07-20 22:57

    I pulled the fuse for the lights thinking that would kill the lights and that did not eliminate the problem. when I press the light switch it want even give me a code indication. I think the switch is closed in the on position, but the fuse should kill the circuit. I AM LOST ON WHAT TO DO.

  4. #4melli2015-07-21 12:28

    The light button does double duty on my machine. Tap for lights, press and hold for codes. Removing the light fuse probably just takes the driving lights (on exterior) out of the equation, but the dash lights are on another circuit??? What year is your machine? I got an electrical schematic via tradebits or something similar.