Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 430 excavator intermittent starting problem

Grego308 · 2022-01-07 22:22

Machine will mostly start straight up, but quite often it will not and all lights on dash will be flashing. when this happens there will be no fuel pump running and no power to to switch relay on. if left it will suddenly correct itself after a few seconds or a few minutes. Reliability is everything and i have no confidence in the machine at moment. Appreciate any help Thanks.. Greg

Replies5
  1. #1Grego3082022-01-11 23:57

    Has no one ever had this happen ??. Bobcat 430 excavator. 2007 model with about 2000 hours. I have tried jumping the "Switch" relay while all the dash lights are flashing and that will make the fuel pump run, but machine will only crank over but still no start.. Thankd.. Greg Happy to hear any ideas

  2. #2rondig2022-01-13 23:39

    Did you check safety switches

  3. #3Grego3082022-01-14 05:56

    Yep. So far it will fix itself if I just leave ignition on and wait. But it is happening more frequently. Worried machine will let me down while out on job and I’ll be stuck there !!

  4. #4Grego3082022-01-14 06:03

    Speaking of safety switches. Only one I know of on this machine that I’ve owned for 4 years is with the handle on left console and that has only ever stopped hydraulic function and not effected startup in either position. If there is anything else please let me know. Thanks. Greg

  5. #5Grego3082022-04-06 18:53

    Just in case anyone is having similar issues. It was the controller. $1500.00 for a new controller and problem all gone