Gents Ive been looking for a smaller digging bucket (16-20"range), a stump-puller /root ripper, and a wider plain/grading bucket (with no teeth) for a KX080. Where do you guys buy this stuff? Do you go to OEM?
I've had good luck with these two, http://www.excavatorthumb.com/ and http://www.phoenixequipmentsales.com/excavator-attachments/ No matter where you go there's going to be a wait time, I heard Werk Brau is 4-6 months out. You could go to the dealer, but you'll probably pay a premium but there's a chance they have em' in stock. Check Machinery trader too.
Hey mudnducs: I think that eBay (eBay.com) is worth a look. Some OEM, some aftermarket, some used... eBay does insure transactions to a point so I don't think the risk is too high if you're buying something online where you can't examine it in person before buying. I've also found a very good quality flail mower and PTO driven chipper for my tractor on Craigslist.org. There's an ever changing array of stuff there and you can just search your local market (for example mine is sfbay.craigslist.org on the Craigslist site). Just look under "For Sale", "Heavy Equipment" and type in for search "Excavator Buckets" or the specific part you're looking for. Good luck. A
Plug your needs into Google and you'll be surprised at what you find, there are attachment manufacturers all over the country. I was looking for a brush rake for the excavator at work and found a company that custom makes them 40 minutes from my shop at a very reasonable price.
Thanks Gents!