Anyone know who makes this machine for Bobcat? It's just a step above the mini at class 8 ton.
It's either Terex or Ingersoll Rand. The machine is marketed as all 3 brands. But I am not sure who actually makes it. I would guess Terex.
Thanks. I had just finally figured it out. It was made by Schaeff in Germany and they were bought up by Terex. Terex says it's the 3rd largest equipment manufacturer in the world. I'd heard of them, never knew they were that big. Looks like they make a nice machine. German is better than China stuff right?? The Bobcat 442 is the Terex TC75. They are classifying it as a Compact machine. So guess this thread is in the wrong category... http://www.terex.com/attachment.php?action=LAUNCH&nav=prod&id=a27401d584351761b9aa708e64de9955
The older stuff that schaeff made for bobcat were awesome around 2004 and before, we've found as of the last year or two that they have really fell off their game a bit. The 1.5 tonne machines we have found to be very poorly designed indeed, don't know so much about the larger stuff don't think it is as bad as the 1.5 tonners.
This machine is a 2006 and is in the 7.5 to 8 tonne class. You think it's a good one? It might not matter as I think I've missed the window of opportunity on the is particular machine... Story of my life...
Yeah I think so, it's good reliable gear, the small stuff is just laid out badly now. The 1.5 tonners have a long straight boom and a short stick, no good for anything but working at its full reach. We like a machine to dig to its blade so that you can clean up well. The bigger gear is a lot better though good solid machines as far as I know.
Have you looked at the Taukeuchi TB175 as another option for the 7-8 ton class?
2007 442 I purchase a 442 in 2007 it is made by schaeff thru terex. I have the oil cooled deutz engine, about 1000 hours with the schaeff manual quick coupler. I use it for utility work, residential demo, and some clearing I couldn't be happier with my machine. I like the creature comforts, ease of maintenace, and reliability. Our local bobcat deal in Indiana (Bobcat of Indy) was offering brand news 442's at model close out at prices for $60,000. Doosan purchased bobcat and they are replacing 16,000 lb machine with their own model. Bill
Thanks for all the replies. I haven't looked at the Taukeuchi's too much. I know people on here love them, but I'm stuck with Bobcat for now. To make this deal work , I have to trade in my 331. The construction/excavation market in my are is so slow right now, I can't sell it out right. My Bobcat dealer has found a rental yard that wants my machine. Plus I really like my dealer. He's been real good to me over the past few years and the local Taukeuchi guys wouldn't even talk to me about a trade. If I don't get this machine, I'm back to the original plan of a 337.... Does anyone know if Terex is still going to make the TC line of excavators? Hey Bill, I'm glad you like yours so much. That makes me feel better about a machine that you don't see around much. This one has the oil cooled motor too. Is the oil cooler a separate system from the engine oil? I think it would be. If so, does it use a special oil? How often do you have to change the cooling oil? Never been around an oil cooled motor. I had another guy tell me the 442 was very unstable. Do you agree with this? Thanks
In Europe / UK I would say a definite yes, as for over the pond :beatsme you might find this of intrest.
Stability Country, Hey as far as the machine being stable I haven't ever had a problem doing anything with basic common sense. You can tip the machine with the boom fully extend and lets say 1800lbs when you have the house turned opposite of the tracks, but I can do this on my 48,000lbs machine too with enough weight. I feel very comfortable on a grade or flat ground operate this machine. I have a hydraulic thumb on mine 442 as well and have loaded some big chunks of concrete into dump trucks (triaxles) and with the blade down in front no tipping issues, but I always lift the pieces off the ground a few inches and wait a second if I'm unsure on the weight. My 442 is also oil cooled, yes the engine oil is separate from the cooling oil. I change the engine oil every 200hrs and the cooling oil is your hydraulic oil for the entire system and it gets changed every 1000hrs. I have never had this machine overheat during the hots of days, and the AC in the cabs works great. I haven't seen any down falls with the oil cooled engine. Before I purchased this machine I tested other manufactures of the same size (Yanmar, Taukeuchi, and Cat) I thought the cat was fast but a little jerky to operate, the other too where pretty nice it just came down to a service and parts issue for me. I have had great service from my bobcat dealer and they have a pretty good stock of parts. Everyone keep in mind these are just my own personal options I'm not dogging any of the machines I mentioned.
Bill, thanks for taking the time to give me your opinion on the machine and answering those questions. I really appreciate it. I saw the machine this weekend and it's in excellent shape. I'll find out later today if it's still available. Thanks Rob for the input and the write up you did in the link. I'll post back if I get the machine.
Good Luck Country hope it works out for you, if you get it I have the cross reference for all of the filters in Baldwin in you want it. Bill
Thanks Bill! I'll let ya know. I'm ready to sign some paperwork on this thing and get to work. I hate waiting on the dealer....
Well, just got word and the machine is sold... The dealer is looking for another similarly priced 442, but I don't think he's going to find one. That means it's back to the 337 and after the thought of the extra power and weight of the 442, I don't think I'll be happy settling for less... Dealer said, "give him a few days" to see what he can come up with (I'm sure it'll be a higher priced machine with more hours). So I'm back to waiting. This guy is a friend of mine, so I don't want to go looking somewhere else, plus I've got to trade the old machine in to a Bobcat dealer. He's doing his best to help me. I knew there was a decent chance of loosing this particular machine, but I can't help feeling very disappointed now. The 442 was going to be the "ultimate" machine for me in my little world.
That sucks Country, You could look on machiner trader, I copied a few and post them below, maybe your dealer could make a deal with another dealer for you. I would also take a look at the Terex HR32 exact same machine. You can still get your parts from Bobcat. 2006 BOBCAT 442 911290 US $37,888 GA 443 Hours; Cab w/ Heat & A/C, Over 17000 lbs., 14' Digging Depth, One Owner; Rhinehart Equipment Phone: (800)489-3305 or (706)232-8962 Photo(s) Send A Message Add To Machines of Interest Updated: 2/10/2009 8:54:00 AM 2005 BOBCAT 442 US $47,500 OH Stk #: 71142; 620 Hours; Cab Heat & Air; Bobcat Enterprises Phone: (513)266-7761 or (888)262-2287 Photo(s) Send A Message Add To Machines of Interest Updated: 1/9/2009 4:58:00 PM 2005 BOBCAT 442 US $33,900 WI 1,095 Hours; 73 hp; Cab AC, Clean Machine, Tight Pins, Job Ready 16,500#; M & D Truck & Equip, LLC Phone: (608)325-1140 Details & Photo(s) Send A Message Add To Machines of Interest Updated: 2/14/2009 9:51:00 AM 2005 BOBCAT 442 522311813 US $29,000 NM Stk #: HE08U1813; 3,437 Hours; GOLDEN EQUIPMENT Phone: (505)345-7811 Fax: (505)345-0401 Send A Message Add To Machines of Interest Updated: 2/4/2009 10:56:00 AM 2006 TEREX HR32 3303101 US $39,900 GA Blade, Other;Thumb; 675 Hours; 73 hp; Like New. Plastic Still on Seat. Two Sets of Auxillary Hydraulics.; Boone Trucking Phone: (478)214-2190 or (866)994-4800 Photo(s) Send A Message Add To Machines of Interest Updated: 2/13/2009 11:13:00 AM 2006 TEREX HR32 2856 US $37,000 OH with Quick Coupler, Enclosed Cab, AC; Company Wrench Phone: (740)654-5304 Fax: (740)687-9130 Details & Photo(s) Send A Message Add To Machines of Interest
Isnt the terex machine the Hr42 hence the bobcat 442? I owned a Hr42 for about a year then sold it. No problems with the machine just a little to small.
Weight The HR32 is a 16,500 lbs machine just like the 442, the HR42 is 94 h.p. deutz engine,28,000 lb. operating weight. That is what the Terex web site states. Bill
Thanks Bill! Yeah, I'd been looking at those machines on Equipment Trader and the one in GA is at a Bobcat dealer. I didn't think about my dealer working with a non Bobcat place, but that's a good idea. I'll ask him and see what he can do. I really appreciate you taking the time to list all those for me. You the man! The 442 he had was a repo from Bobcat corporate and they bid on it and won. Another salesman in the office had told a customer (before the auction) about the machine and he was interested. I found out about it after they had won it and that's why it went to the other guy 1st. My guy didn't know the other salesman had anybody interested when he told me about the deal. It was an "06 with 175 hours for $32k. I don't know if he was trying to make me feel better about not getting it or what, but he said the buyer came up with an "extensive work order" for service before he would take it... Said, from the list, I was probably better off I had lost it... At this point, I'm going to calm my excitement on buying a bigger machine and give him his "few days to come up with something". If he doesn't come up with something good, I'll hit him with those machines on Equipment Trader. Thanks again for that idea and I'll let you know what happens.
lol whoa thats weird i think u were lookin at the same one my friend bought...did it have a scratch on the counter weight?
No scratch on the counter weight. Guy that bought it was a Doctor...
I have a 442 on rent. I needed something I could drop down a tight access site with a crane and drill and dig. I would get the 442 over the 337 I don't think there is much difference in the width ether.
Well, after a long, drawn out ordeal, I've finally got the 442. Strange, but its the original unit I had looked at. The Doctor's deal fell through and it fell into my lap this weekend. It has 181 hours, BC thumb, 24" & 36" buckets, H&H QT and everything was serviced. All for $32k. I couldn't be happier. It's a very nice machine and should serve me well for a long time. I'll have to get some picks and post them. Thanks to all that commented!
That's a good price.
finally run that puppy today and it seems really good..very fast and def more power than the weight can use
Well done, it was obviously meant to be yours :cool2 Love to see some pics when you get a chance. :drinkup
Thanks Rob. Hopefully I'll get some this weekend if it isn't raining.:drinkup
Hey Country, going to look at a 442 for sale in a couple of days, anything happen in the last 6 years that would make you cautious to buy one again?