I have been looking for an excavator to buy since last fall. After going to the RB auction and seeing some of the stuff that comes off the boat I decided to spend more and go newer. This is a 2007 model with 355 hours. It is on its way in the next week from the Case dealer in Northern B.C. This will be for farm use and the possibility of outside jobs as they might come up. Mostly for me to get hours and experience with an excavator. I have taken the heavy equipment course but have found that local operators do not want to hire straight from the school.
looks like a nice machine, what is the cage for? was it used for foresty,or demo?
Congrats on the new machine. Buying a hoe is one way to learn how to operate it. BTW - that bucket is pretty big for that machine.
Not a bad looking hoe'. Looks like it was taken care of. I'm guessing thats a 42"bct. Kinda like the thumb and cage setup... I saw on of those around here for like 35 grand with only 400 hours. Thought that was a pretty good deal!! Hope you have good luck with it and learn up on those skills .
that is the FOPS or falling object protective structure. It comes on many excavators with thumbs. I was told that it is required in B.C. when you have a thumb, the front screen protects against flying objects. I see lots of excavators for sale in B.C. without the guarding. There are businesses that will build a cage to add after the fact. I was told that WCB could shut you down on a construction site if you have a thumb and no guarding. I am not sure about that but I decided to shop for one with thumb and guarding. Anyone from Canada with more info about the guarding, please add to this. If you saw one for $35,000 you should have grabbed it x2. Machinery Trader has a 2007 Case 135 with thumb listed in Colorado for $118,000
Saw this hoe in the trader, excellent looking machine! Im not really sure of your regulations out there in bc, but im fairly certain that cab guarding on an excavator with a thumb is not required in nova scotia. Congrats on your purchase and have fun with it:drinkup.
35k damn,,,,, was it on fire seems kinda HOT
I have talked to a lot of guys from BC and have never heard anything about a cab guard requirement if the machine has a thumb, that sounds a little far fetched. I could understand a requirement for hoes working in the woods, that probably is a requirement and if it isn't, everyone puts cab guards on anyway.
this one its a pity this one i had on self drive did not have a cab guard like that it may have saved it from some of the abuse it had suffered the cab was so bent the front window would not fit in at all rumor was the a 320 cat side swiped it t was under 3 years old and less than 3k hours cheers graham
It wasn't hott or didn't seem to be. A guy that sells alot in the trader had it. I wouldn't have been a bad deal but the parts for case around here are not the best!!
I hope they were paying you to have it on hire or it was a little while ago when machines were like rocking horse dung to get hold of and you were desperate,
Nice Machine I'm glad to see that you got a Good Machine Tim.
Thanks. It will be here this Friday after an 800 mile trip from northern B.C. dealer in Fort St John. I'm looking forward to it. Tim
shortage yes rob it was about three years ago ,it came direct from a select site and the owners had not seen the extent of the damage so i refused to move it until pictures had been taken the 18" bucket was so bent it was unusable and it came with no diesel just a tank full of muck that took about a week of changing filters and draining the tank to clear:Banghead cheers graham
And they tell us there is (was) money in self drive hire :beatsme that no fuel thing really winds me up :Banghead they arrive with very little in but you get charged an arm and a leg when it goes back less than too the brim
fuel ha ha yes they had the cheek to phone me on the day of collection to make sure it was full of fuel as it was going straight to another job i told them it had the same amount it came with ,but was clean :drinkup
My Case arrived today from Northern B.C. The ramp is just down the street from me a few hundred yards so I was able to walk it up the side of the road. It has ice lugs welded on it so I used some old plywood to protect the pavement when I crossed. It has 372 hours, just a few scratches on the cab guard and generally like new condition. I had only seen pictures of it before I bought it. It was 800 miles north of here, mile 49 on the Alaska Highway. Dawson Creek B.C. is mile 0. The pads are 28" wide. Tracks are 8' 9" wide and 11' 9" long. I was surprised that the truck had oversize load signs on it when it arrived. We are only allowed 8' 6'' without permits. It is just starting to melt around here so I will have to wait a while for the ground to thaw and firm up a little. I need a trailer. There is only so much playing I can do on a 1/2 acre lot. Tim