Hey guys! Ecu/display was stolen from machine. When they stole it they cut the harness. I ordered new connectors and extended the wires. Any thoughts why the machine still won't move? I tried switching around the wires with the same color with no luck. Any recommendations where to start would be greatly appreciated! The machine runs, ac lights horn work too
Are you sure the newly purchased ECU comes with its own program?
You need a wiring schematic of your machine and a pin out detail of the ECU
I believe it is. At least thats what they told me... I have it and followed it
You say it starts but wont move. Is the safety lock working.? Is there pilot pressure at the filter and after the Safety lock solenoid. Is there power to the safety solenoid. Are all battery connections good and clean. Just because it starts does not mean that other circuits will work if there is high resistance in cables or grounds. Simon C
In case I misunderstood, your first post says it will not move. I have assumed it is started and running. If not please clarify. Simon C
Just re-read again and I see I missed the AC runs. Sorry. Then I would check some of the things mentioned in post number 5. Simon C
Have you checked all the fuses as them cutting the harness would likely have dead shorted to ground some wires that are live with machine off. If there are any fusible links, they should be checked also. If your able to post the schematic, you might get some more advice before throwing the parts cannon at it. Simon C
@Simon C yes I checked fuses, all were good. I also tested the relays and they tested fine with multimeter but when I tested with a 9v battery 2 didn't "click' 1 was weak and the other was great. Ordered all new relays just to have. While checking fuses I noticed oxidation and moisture. Turn out the glass on roof was leaking. I'm going to check the fuses again with a power probe and see if there's a short somewhere.
Oh and there is no EPROM on the new ecu/display. Does anyone know if I could order one or have one put on and have the dealer flash files on to it or something?
Never test fuses with multimeter if possible. Better to use a test light as a multimeter does not use enough power, and can say it is good but fail under load. Relays tested off the machine with a 100 Watt bulb is a good way to know if they are good or not. Sometimes they cannot carry the load. Simon C