Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 553 lost drive on one side

ITW · 2021-01-02 12:58

Hi I got a small Bobcat 553, and when using it trying to get som dirt in the bucket, it started to grind and then I lost drive on the left side. I thought it was the chain that was broken, but got off the covers today and chains was fine. Tried to fire it up with the covers of and there is no movment on the shaft from the drive motor. Could it be the motor or is there anything else?

Replies3
  1. #102Dmax2021-01-02 13:25

    Does it even try to move or is it totally unresponsive?

  2. #2lantraxco2021-01-02 16:34

    Motor, pump, are you sure the motor shaft isn't turning but the drive sprocket is not? The splines can strip. Most likely motor is toast.

  3. #3ITW2021-01-03 12:33

    Tried to switch the hoses today and the motor dosent move so its toast Need to see where I can get a new one, skid steer ain't much used here in Norway so probably need to get it shipped in.