I have searched the forums for Lap Bar issues (BICS) and only saw threads about disabling the lap bar. I DO NOT want to disable the safety device...my questions is how do I test the sensor? I believe mine is bad. I have a Bobcat S250. When I turn the key on all four lights in that row (Press to Operate, Seat Bar, Lift & Tilt Valve, and Traction) momentarily light. However when I lower the lap bar the light does not come on and the machine will not "unlock". I don't want to spend the money to buy the senor (not to mention the waste of time for shipping or driving to the nearest dealer) if that is not the issue. Is there a way to test it with a multimeter?
Anyone?
If it makes a difference, there was no warning. I was using the machine to push snow and Ice and parked it. The next day the lap bar would not engage.
I went out and pulled codes...the only one showing is 09-21 which if I remember correctly is low fuel (which makes since as the fuel gauge is inop) I looked at the wiring and didn't see any obvious damage so I guess I'll just order the sensor and see if that fixes it. It seems odd that it would just completely quit without warning...it had no intermittent issues like I would expect before going bad...
Mine just screwed up as well. Took a propane torch and heated it a bit and it works fine now. Must have got some moisture in it and then froze.