I have seen some info on here about removing the sheave on my 610 but I am still stuck. I have variable drive sheave w/ the roto-swivel inside. So far I have removed the small snap ring that holds in the roto-swivel, the roto-swivel assembly, the larger snap ring that holds on the "end cap". Problem is I can't remove the end cap to get off the moving half sheave off of the stationary. any ideas?
Here's a link to the manual in case you don't have a copy: http://ardiehl.de/Bobcat/610/Bobcat600drive_system.pdf If you have the external snap ring off the end cap should come off. The usual penetrating oil, light tapping, brute force approach applies. You don't need to disassemble the swivel unless it needs rebuilding, which in my experience never worked for long, we always bought new ones.
I have the manual. Thank you for sharing it though. After I popped off the snap ring that end cap looks like it is catching the edge of where the ring was held in. Have already tried persuading it off with no luck.
You should be able to push it in a bit and then smooth the area with a short file or some sandpaper.... *should*