Good Morning Gentlemen, Been awhile since I posted anything but having an issue with my bobcat S150 skidsteer loader, worked it a for a few hours today all seemed ok but then it kept on beeping 3 times & turning itself off, when I checked with the codes kept on saying that there was error with the fuel shut off solenoid, I checked fuse seemed ok, also checked relay & switched it over with another one but still keeps doing the same thing, I pulled off the shutoff solenoid & checked shaft goes in & out smoothly when I apply pressure does not seem to be seized or worn. I dont know how to check the solenoid it has 1 black earth & 2 brown wires coming out of it, I do have a multimeter & check voltage but dont really know how to check resistance etc, any advice will again be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance for any assistance.
I had the same thing happen to me on a Bobcat S175. Just to get it off the job, I would undo the batter and usually after letting it sit unplugged for about 3-5 minutes, it would clear any codes and I could start it up and everything would run good again. Eventually, I had to just replace the fuel solenoid and apparently it is a common issue. Hope this helps a little. - Jmac
It would be nice to know just what code(s) popped up. If it was something like "fuel solenoid open circuit" or "short to ground", 9 times out of 10 it's just a failed fuel solenoid.
^^^^ this :drinkup
Hi Willie as mentioned earlier I pulled the solenoid off made sure it wasnt seized or worn out, I checked all the wiring made sure it wasnt rubbing or damaged, lubricated the plug with WD40 7 put it back together, today it worked all day without missing a beat so hopefully it was just a bad connection or something & not a bad solenoid, thanks everyone for your valuable input.
That's actually not an uncommon problem, bad connection at a molded connector, and one that's not always easy to see. On Deutch connectors that have round pins/sockets, not much you can do to remedy a poor pin/socket connection, but on connectors that have flat male pins, you can reach in with some needle nose and give the flat pin a very slight twist to make it connect better with the female socket. This will get you by until you are able to replace the faulty connector with a new one.