had a guy call with an engine "knock" on his 642b with a gas Mitsubishi engine, found that the water pump was rubbing on the block haha so it needs a water pump and was wondering about other sources for Mitsubishi parts? bobcat here is 320$ and a few days out I couldn't even get a part number to try to locate one thru a different channel any thoughts on this?
Any ID plate or serial number on the engine? might be able to use that to run down parts.
Thought that too but couldn't find one, engine was covered in grime. I'll pry run over there later if I have time. It's 20 miles away...
If its that far away you'd probably just be ahead to pay the 320 to bobcat & wait it out. Clean everything up and find #'s for next time. You'll end up spending a couple of hundred in time & mileage going back & forth just to save a couple of dollars on that pump.
Once you have a part #, there are several sources for parts and/or aftermarket parts. Probably that engine was used in Forklifts for one thing.