Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Liquid fuel tank liner? Anyone use it?

fixou812 ยท 2015-05-22 13:41

Any good? Brands or Experience's

Replies6
  1. #1Former Wrench2015-05-22 16:06

    Years ago I used a 2-part process where the first run etched the tank, and the second coated it. I used it on the fat bob tanks on my Harley and I never had rust in the filter again.

  2. #2donkey doctor2015-05-22 16:50

    Radiator shop cleaned the rust out of my welder fuel tank in their radiator cleaning solution and coated the inside with some sort of liquid plastic. That was years ago and I've had no problems with it. d.d.

  3. #3DoyleX2015-05-22 17:20

    Ive had this place do a few with excellent results.

  4. #4ScottAR2015-05-22 21:32

    We sell Red Kote at the parts store. It's a 1k product with pretty simple instructions. We have good reports on it.

  5. #5TriHonu2015-05-22 22:21

    +1 My brother's buddy owns a tank repair business. He stated that Red Kote is the only product available to the public that he would recommend. It is not as good as the licensed products, but still does a good job if you follow the instructions.

  6. #6fixou8122015-05-23 07:03

    Thanks Wrench and Friends! Wrench - Do you still have the bike how's the liner holding up?