I'm probably going to be replacing the pump to motor coupling on this machine in the near future and I figured I would see if anybody had any tips for me before I start. One thing to note was the operator had tilted the bucket & boom down all the way so the front of the machine is way up in the air. I can only get the back door open a few inches so I'm apparently doing this by taking the pumps out. Any thoughts on this.
get the machine back down on all 4 tires.... pulling the engine to get to the ujoint/coupler is a LOT faster and easier than pulling the pumps :drinkup
:iagree Amen
Wish someone had told me that back in 2003! Cause when ours failed I did it by pulling the pumps! Not a fun job! Then five years latter had a cracked head that caused water to get in a cylinder and tweek a rod. Took bosses months to decide to fix it then when I got the go ahead think it only took a couple hours to have the motor out and sitting on the floor with out any effort. Just unhooking some of the lines on the pump would take that long. Plus doing it by pulling the engine you don't loose any hyd. oil or risk contamination of the system, win win deal.
Here... Exactly the same as a 643. only 1 more cylinder on the engine. Ed