Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 430 how to get to sloenoid

Powersfish ยท 2015-01-01 18:07

skid steer stop abruptly on side of hill think it is one of two solenoids cant get bucket up without blowing 15 amp fuse. any other way to access under seat

Replies3
  1. #1melben2015-01-01 23:14

    You should be able to use your release to raise the detent to get the bucket up to raise the cab. I forget what style that has but it is either a lever or a loop of cable or a knob by the right of the seat. whichever , pull it or move the lever and raise at the same time. DO not under any circumstances try to cheat on fuse size, or a solid jumper, you will destroy the harness. Mel

  2. #2Powersfish2015-01-02 00:10

    case 430 thanks the release let me raise bucket. was very tippy on side of hill. changed solenoids everything works fine . was thinking about bigger fuse

  3. #3melben2015-01-02 08:30

    Thanks for getting back, glad to help, they say even a blind sow gets an acorn once in a while, I have changed many of them. If anyone cares to write this down the solenoids should measure in the area of 9 Ohms and when failed are down to very low Ohms, I have seen some that the sealing agent has actually been forced out of the solenoid by heat. It you have replaced both then I would measure the ohms and keep the unshorted one. BTW, the one with the release stem with threads can be used in the other hole as well. In a pinch where I had only, I have installed that in the other hole. Blowing the 15 Amp fuse is a dead giveaway 9 times out of ten. Good luck, Mel