Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 7′ grader on cat 277c

bmcrob98 ยท 2015-03-21 08:47

Hi guys, I own a cat 277c and came across a BC 84" grader attachment. The serial number shows it is a 2008 model. Any opinions on whether or not this attachment is to small for my machine. I have some road grader cutting edges I was thinking I would put on it to make it 6" wider on each side. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1bmcrob982015-03-21 10:08

    I am aware off the challenges of making this attachment operate on my machine, I am a little skeptical on the attachments abilities. There seems to be quite a difference between the 7' and 8' models.

  2. #2Swannny2015-03-21 10:30

    I had a 7' blade on a 7k# machine and it sliced through compacted gravel roadbeds nicely/easily, so I think the same blade on a 5 ton machine would be overkill. I'd wait to get an 8'er, plus the unit is much beefier frame-wise.

  3. #3KSSS2015-03-21 11:39

    I can tell you this. I investigated both last year and you are correct the 7' is not just a downsized 8'er. The 7' is basically an economy blade with not near the heft (weighs 1K less than 8'er) or the capability of the 8' and 9'er. I bought a 8'er have not used it a lot yet, but will be soon. Making them operate on a nonBC machine is not a lot of fun. Rod from SS solutions I think has this grader attachment figured out now. Depending on what you want out of the blade, I also would wait for the larger version. '