Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New track loader

tryarch ยท 2015-03-20 22:20

Hey all, I am new to the forum and searched a bit but did not find an answer to my question. I am in the market for a new compact track loader, however, I contacted several dealers in the area Cat, Takeuchi, Gehl, and a few others and most dealers are sticking right around the MSRP. Most I was able to get off was $4,000 (only 5% off the purchase price) and this was by paying cash up front for the entire purchase amount. I know states have contracts with many of these companies and they are willing to sell to them for up to 30% off MSRP. So obviously there the markup is there. My question for you guys are CTLs selling for MSRP more or less, any advice on how to get a dealer to deal? Any one willing to share what they paid for their CTL? I am purchasing it for a farm but will not be buying multiple machines such as construction companies to work a better deal. Thanks TRyarch

Replies1
  1. #1KSSS2015-03-21 11:43

    The price of these and all machines have increased significantly. My last CTL was purchased in 2012, so it was a tier 3. I paid $52K for a Case Tr320 Cab, hi output highflow and every possible option. I be the same machine is mid60's now.