Hey guys I am in needing some advice. I just bought a m700 Bobcat 4 cylinder wisconson engine in it. The engine idles fine, but as soon as I try to move forward or reverse it loses power almost to the point of stalling. After I stop moving forward it idles fine again. I have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel lines going to the carburetor, new carburetor, drained the fuel, new spark plugs/wires, cleaned and replace the air filter, but the filter container is dinted I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Changed the oil and filter. I'm stumped on what to do next to see why its losing power, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any suggestions you guys may have.. Also it doesn't lose much power when I lift the bucket and tilt just a little..
Probably needs a valve job and decarbon
Have you tried pulling the choke out just a bit and see if the engine now has power under load?
is it possible the governor is sticking and not opening the throttle when it needs to.
Check the governor action and first in the bottom of the distributor under the point plate there is a mechanical spark advance that rusts stuck on them.