Hello, I am getting ready to change the hydraulic oil in my ASV PT100.I called the closest ASV/Terex dealer and they sell and recommended Mobil Excel 68.It cost $124.00 for 5gallons.My father in law is a tractor mechanic and he called his oil dealer who sells a brand called Royal Rozep AW that comes in ISO 68 and claims is just as good as the Mobil.The Royal Rozep AW is very cheap something like $50.00 for 5gallons.Don't get me wrong I like saving money but don't want a inferior oil.Anyone here ever used Royal Rozep AW?Anyone have any advice?Would also like to hear what brands you guys are using. Any input will be greatly appreciated, Willie
I have no experience of this brand but I cut & pasted the following from the Data Sheet for Rozep AW. "Royal Rozep AW Hydraulic Oils meet the performance requirements of Hagglunds-Denison, Trinova Vickers, Cincinnati Milacron, Lee Norse, Jeffery and others." Most brands of oil would include the details of exactly what specifications they were talking about, for example on the data sheet for Mobil Excel it states that it meets or exceed the following industry or OEM specifications DIN 51524 - 3 (HVLP, 2006 , pt. 3) DIN 51524 - 2 (HLP, 2006, pt. 2) ISO 11158HV ISO 11158 HM Denison HF-0 Eaton Vickers I-286-S Eaton Vickers 35VQ25 (M-2952-S) Eaton Vickers M-2950-S JCMAS HK-1 Bosch-Rexroth RE 90220-01 Cincinnati Machine P70 Cincinnati Machine P69 See the difference..? That is probably also one of the reasons why there is a price difference of $50 vs $124 between the two brands.
Thanks for your input.Yea I see the difference.I think I'll be better off going with a better known brand(at least feel better about it). I am looking at the Chevron Rando HD.I found it online for $77.00 for 5gallons.
The Rando HD Data Sheet contains a detailed list of industry specifications that it meets. In fact they are pretty much the same ones as on the Mobil list in my post above. I'd have no problem using that oil.
Should I be looking for a MV fluid like the Rando HD Premium MV? ASV recommends "ASV Premium All Season MV" or approved fluid such as Chevron Rykon MV(which I believe is now called "Rando HD Premium MV"). I have just been cross referencing the Mobil Excel 68 because that's what the ASV/Terex dealer told me they use.Just realized that these are not MV fluids.Also I can't find any specs for the ASV Premium All Season MV.
I have been using a multi-viscosity (MV) hydraulic oil in all my equipment for six years now. ISO AW 32-46-68. It functions well in all my equipment as well as consolidating inventory.
I have 10W TO-4 spec'd oil in EVERYTHING here.
Ditto.