Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 700 or 720?

spitzair ยท 2014-08-28 19:53

Hi everyone, Went and looked at another bobcat yesterday I'm thinking of adding to my collection of things, but I'm not sure whether it's an M700 or M720, it has decals on it that say both... There was also a 722 there, and asides from the obviously different engine, the only other difference I could readily see was that it has 8 bolt rims whereas the other machine has 6 bolt rims. The serial number tag on the machine was missing... Here's some pictures of the old girl... The seller tells me the engine spun a rod bearing, so I'd need to rebuild it. Anybody know where I could get a rebuild kit for a Wisconsin VH4D and roughly what it would cost? Thanks guys!

Replies3
  1. #1mikebramel2014-08-28 21:38

    A used engine is about $2-400

  2. #2crewchief8882014-08-30 17:19

    some of those wisconsin parts are getting hard to find..... :drinkup

  3. #3spitzair2014-08-31 19:29

    Thanks guys, I'm still undecided on this one...