Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 730 clark melroe

clm61 ยท 2014-03-17 18:39

greetings to all, new to post here, just needing to get some some general info. on the clark model 730 bobcat, I don't know much on how the quick connect works on this model, the release handle on one side is missing don't know if its broke off or just missing, I am wanting to remove the bucket and attach a hole digging unit from a rental place I have located in the area where im digging some fence post holes. what would someone recommend to do this task. I am in a diffent location than the unit right now so I cant look at it to see whats up with the bucket attachment, does the attachment plant stay on the skidsteer or does all that come off with the bucket, and how do I remove the bucket with only one release lever attached, I hope this makes some sense to someone, that can guide me me through it. Thanks to anyone.

Replies5
  1. #1crewchief8882014-03-21 19:28

    the bobtach handle is connected to the wedge that drops down into a rectangular hole in the attachment. parts are still available for your 35+ year old machine from a bobcat dealer. :drinkup

  2. #2KSSS2014-03-21 20:33

    I may be able to save you some pain. I am willing to bet that IF that old BC has aux. hydraulics that the ends will be Pioneer and not the flat face coupler that the post hole auger is. If it were me, I would just rent a skid steer with the post hole auger from the rental store. That way everything works, you don't spend more time jacking around with the 730 than the task is worth. The rental store can show you how everything works or call a contractor.

  3. #3clm612014-03-21 21:18

    Thats what i'm thinking also the rental store has everthing setup to fit the cat. flat face style, and my connection was bent up and the jam nut was stripped so i cut it off so i have to replace it with something. i have located the connections all right although, for 116.00 I am back in business, is it possible to get the bucket off with one release handle gone.

  4. #4clm612014-03-21 21:25

    Hey thanks for replying, although it is old it still does pretty good, smokes some, but I am going to try running full throttle see if they makes a difference instead of taking it easy. it was pretty cheap to me and it works for what little i use it.

  5. #5KSSS2014-03-21 23:17

    You will need to pull both of those handles. You may have to wield the handle back on. I have taken a punch and large hammer and driven the locking pawl back up and out of the attachment from the bottom before. If you do that make sure you lock the loader arms in place so you don't get crushed.