I got bobcat 732 ford pinto engine I have to replace universal join between engine and hydraulic unit what is the best way to do the job pulling the engine out with the bottom base or live base in any help would be appreciated thanks paul
Hi Paul, The easiest way to do it is to pull the engine with the base as a unit. It's really easy... Undo the gas line from the carb, undo the electrical wires, drain the coolant and undo the rad hoses, then remove the 4 bolts that hold the base to the loader frame. Build up some cribbing behind the machine the same height as the frame, then slide the engine back onto the cribbing. Change your U-joint then do the removal procedure in reverse. You'll need a helper to line up the u-joint when the engine goes back in... Good luck and have fun! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
thank you spitzair for your help thanks paul
I did a similar job on a Bobcat with a kubota engine a while back. I think it was a 743. Anyhow what worked slick for me was using a fork truck with a plate of 1/4 inch steel on the forks. After unhooking hoses and wires I just slid it back to the lip on the frame then used a bar to pick it up and slid it on to the steel plate. A little oil on the plate let it slide easy. What had happened on ours was the splines had stripped out of the yoke. Was able to slide back in slow and start the yoke on the pump shaft single handed. If you do have help be sure that it's not someone who gets in a hurry as it could be a real finger pincher!
bobcat 732 with ford engine the belt witch go around crankshaft/water pump/what is the other pully? thanks paul
Should also be alternator and on the 632 ford the governor was belt driven.
Hi Paul, THat is your engine governor, there should be a linkage that goes from the throttle lever in the cab to an arm on the governor unit, then another arm with a spring to the first one goes to the carburetor. If this belt comes off your engine will rev way up, I learned that one day...