Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 743 attachment problems

Farmer_joe ยท 2014-09-24 20:20

hey guys new to this forum and need some help. Just purchased an older bobcat 743 that works perfect until today. I have a small farm and found myself in need of an auger to drill some post holes. Went out and bought a used auger with a couple of bits. I had the seller shower me how it worked and made sure he was drilling in a good Rocky area to make sure it worked under pressure. It worked great. Today I attached it to my bobcat and found it didn't work. Since I bought it Ive always wondered about that third pedal not working. Felt very loose. I also checked to see if the pedal arm was actually hooked up, and it is. Not sure what can be going on and how to even begin looking as I know very little about hydraulic systems. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thks in advance

Replies6
  1. #1willie592014-09-24 20:29

    Welcome to HEF Farmer_joe. :drinkup Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been around a 743 or 743B, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my vague memory recalls you have to pull the right joystick inward to operate the aux circuit on the 743. But again, I could be wrong.

  2. #2dirthog282014-09-24 21:32

    Close willie, the 743 I had you pushed the right joystick outward to operate attachment.

  3. #3willie592014-09-24 21:40

    LoL, well, my (ancient) memory had it something like that.

  4. #4spitzair2014-09-24 22:47

    That middle pedal in your 743 is a parking brake... To activate your auger you'll want to move the right hand lever left or right like the others are saying... Move it Left and the auger will rotate one way, move it right and it will turn the other direction. If you move it far enough to the right you'll feel a clunk and it will detent and stay there, this is for continuous flow for running a backhoe for example, or a sweeper... If the right lever doesn't move sideways, lift up your cab and you'll find a square box looking thing with a bolt on one side. This bolt locks your aux. hydraulics out so they can't accidentally be activated. Remove this bolt and you should be off to the races! Good luck and Welcome to the forums!

  5. #5Farmer_joe2014-09-24 23:32

    Well I feel like an idiot. The arm wasn't hooked up to the valve and I guess someone put a bolt on the joystick lever so it would have that side to side play. Got it working!! Thanks everyone for all your help!

  6. #6spitzair2014-09-25 00:01

    Excellent, glad to hear you got it working!