Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 751 Peugeot, looking for parts source

billstruckequip ยท 2014-09-25 15:15

Anybody have a good parts source for the Peugeot engine? I have a 751 that threw a rod and I'm hoping to get the crank machined and find a set of bearings for a rebuild. Also going to need gaskets, etc. Where's the best place to look?

Replies12
  1. #1bigsmoke2014-09-26 07:42

    Good luck with that. Bobcat only used that Peugeot engine for a very brief period because they kept blowing up; snapping camshafts and the like. They were replaced quite quickly by a Kubota diesel, my guess would be a v2203. If it were my money, I'd start looking for one of them unless you're fond of the french connection. Crewchief might be able to confer with me on the exact model number.

  2. #2crewchief8882014-09-26 18:25

    well... the puegot engine was just plain crap.. we've had one sitting in our yard for 4 years with another bad engine at one time ('98-'99 ?) bobcat did have a conversion kit to replace the puegot with a kubota... but... the puegot's flywheel was on the right, the kubota is on the left replace the engine, mounts, radiator, wiring harness, change the fuel pickup, belts ect ect guess what :beatsme the pump is now turning backwards = no charge pressure the hydrostatic charge pump only works when timed correctly!! pump has to be removed, disasembled and the charge pump retimed i'd guess (at todays prices) to buy all the parts you'd be looking at upwards of $8-$9k Plus labor now you are getting close to what the machine is actually worth. IMHO cut your losses, scrap it/part it out and buy a newer machine. :drinkup

  3. #3[email protected]2016-01-15 10:27

    Bobcat Skidsteer XUD9 Engine Parts source http://www.lymmengineparts.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=bobcat Cylinder Heads Camshaft Caps Camshafts Valves Gaskets Seals Timing Belts & Tensioners Water Pumps Piston Rings Crank & Con Rod Bearings Oil Pumps We are updating the site with XUD9 engine parts, we have listed them for the Bobcat XUD9 engines. We ship to the U.S and Canada within 5 days. If you have any questions feel free to send an email or give us a call. Thanks, Simon @ L.E.C

  4. #4AusDave2016-01-16 10:56

    Hi Bill. I have a JCB 1CX skidsteer which has a Peugeot XUD engine the same as yours. I broke a cambelt and ruined the head & cam etc. I did actually end up getting some parts from Lymm Engine Parts in the UK who have posted above me. I did speak to them directly and the parts I ordered arrived promptly in Australia and are still going well today. I also had a good third party JCB parts dealer in Australia who was really helpful so it was all repaired at a fairly reasonable cost. The Peugeot XUD motor is pretty good if maintained well. I have an old Peugeot car with a Turbo XUD diesel which has done over 400,000km on the original motor and is still going well. The biggest issue is the cam belt failing which takes out the cam and head. Mine failed because the amount of dust I was working in had worn the cambelt pulleys sharp and caused premature failure. I put a blower fan in place of the sucker fan on the machine when I did the head which should stop this happening again. Replace the cam belt every 1000 - 2000 hours depending on conditions and you should be fine. There were over 10 million Peugeot XUD diesel motors made back in the day so spares should be available for a good long time AusDave

  5. #5Bruce Elsegood2016-10-04 01:58

    Bruce Elsegood Hi to AusDave. Can I contact you direct? I live in Sydney. My first time on the forum.

  6. #6AusDave2016-10-04 05:50

    Hi Bruce. No Problem. Call me anytime on 0411 572 725 Regards AusDave

  7. #7Ads2016-10-17 06:28
  8. #8AusDave2016-10-17 09:18

    No Problem Adam. Call me anytime on 0411 572 725 Regards AusDave

  9. #9Ads2016-10-22 05:53

    Does anyone happen to have a service manual for a 571 with a Peugeot engine. Cheers. Adam.

  10. #10Ads2016-11-05 21:45

    I have priced a timing belt, tensioner and pulley from Bobcat at $1000 AUD but I can get the same from Lymm Engine Components for 65 pounds plus postage. How does the quality stack up against Bobcat. Cheers. Adam.

  11. #11AusDave2016-11-06 09:28

    I would say Bobcat is making a massive profit margin Bobcat is likely to be sourcing the components from the same place as Lymm. Based on my positive experience with Lymm I'd get the products from them. Also if you have any questions you can speak to Lymm over the phone, (at the right time of the day), as I did when I purchased a camshaft. They were very helpful and knowledgeable. Let us know how you go, regards AusDave

  12. #12Ads2016-11-06 14:30

    I will. I'll be ordering it soon as the last owner can't tell me when it was changed. Adam.